You might already be aware of the impact different lifestyle factors have on aging and why skincare should be an important part of your daily routine no matter your age, but research has shown youthful-looking skin is about more than just regular exercise and getting a good night’s sleep. In addition to taking targeted nutritional supplements—such as Omega 3 or Super Berry Powder with Acai—and applying topical skincare, Dr. Perricone’s Three-Tier Solution also focuses on an anti-inflammatory diet.
Providing your skin and body with the right nutrition is a key component to preserving a radiant, healthy-looking glow. Formulated with our proprietary Nrf2 Antioxidant Support Complex™, the Pre:Empt Series helps nourish your skin.
Derived from a complex of Turmeric, Olive Leaf, Green Tea and Cress Sprouts, the Nrf2 Antioxidant Support Complex harnesses the antioxidant response that helps keep skin looking and feeling youthful.
But did you know these same ingredients can easily be incorporated into your regular diet? This ultimately can result in additional anti-inflammatory benefits for both skin and body that may help pre:empt the first visible signs of aging.
Spice up your daily routine with the recipe below. Golden Milk—an ancient Ayurvedic drink praised for its health benefits which include boosted immunity, regulated metabolism and antioxidant properties—is a delicious, simple way to get your daily dose of Turmeric.
1 cup water
½ cup Turmeric powder
1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cups milk
- In a pan, slowly heat and stir 1 cup of water, ½ cup of Turmeric powder and 1 ½ teaspoons of black pepper for 6-10 minutes until you get a thick paste.
- Remove from heat and mix in 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- In a separate pan, mix 1 teaspoon of the paste with 2 cups of milk and cook over medium-low heat (do not boil) for 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon for additional antioxidant benefits and a boost of flavor.
- Store the remaining turmeric paste in your fridge for up to 2 weeks.
In addition to curries and stir fries, you can also try sprinkling Turmeric on top of salads, avocados, vegetables, or blending it into a smoothie—the possibilities are endless.