Keep your resolutions in check by making this nourishing recipe of salmon and watercress with a crème fraiche sauce. Salmon is a low-fat and healthy protein option that is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which keep your skin moisturized and healthy. Watercress is a detoxifying green that’s full of vitamins, which contribute to a balanced and nutritious diet.
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1½ teaspoons mixed peppercorns
- 2 bunches fresh watercress
- One 8-ounce carton (1 cup) crème fraîche
- ¼ cup snipped fresh chives
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the salmon fillets in a single layer in a large sauté pan, and add the lemon zest and juice, dill, and peppercorns.
- Barely cover the salmon with water, and slowly bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the salmon to cool completely in the liquid.
- Combine the watercress, crème fraiche, and chives in a blender or food processor and puree. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Lift the salmon out of the liquid, and serve with the sauce.
As originally published in Dr. Perricone’s Forever Young Metabolic Diet book