Hosting a healthy dinner party? Make this nutrient-packed recipe for Lemon Mint Chicken on a bed of watercress. This low-calorie entrée, garnished with lemon juice and mint, is sure to please a health-conscious crowd.
- 1 ¼ pounds thinly sliced skinless, boneless free-range chicken breasts
- 1 ½ tablespoons grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 bag (4 ounces) B&W watercress, trimmed
- Heat a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat (or prepare an outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat).
- If necessary, place the chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound it to a uniform ¼-inch thickness.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, mint, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper until the dressing is blended. Reserve ¼ cup of the dressing.
- Toss the chicken cutlets with the remaining dressing. Place the chicken on the grill pan (or on the outdoor grill) and cook, turning them over once, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, toss the watercress with the reserved dressing, and divide it among 3 or 4 plates. Top with the chicken and garnish with chopped mint.
As originally published in Dr. Perricone’s Forever Young Metabolic Diet book