It seems like no matter how much we prepare for the holiday season and everything that goes with it, the simple truth remains—something stress-inducing is bound to happen. Actually, when you think about it, the holidays are a prime time for even your smallest skin concern to rear its ugly head.
Between the food and drink indulgences that leave you saying “I promise I’ll work out twice as hard tomorrow,” the hectic schedules that leave little time for actually following through on that workout promise, and the late night holiday celebrations that steal a few of those much-needed hours of sleep, your skin is bound to experience some negative effects.
We know, we know—that just took a little air out of your bright and cheery holiday bubble, right?
Rest easy, because there are plenty of things you can do to help combat the holiday stress that may come your way over the next few weeks. Take a look at our tips below to help your skin and body destress all season long:
1. Find time for yourself. Sure, the holidays are a time for getting together with friends and loved ones, but that doesn’t mean you can’t sneak away for some “me time” when you’re feeling a little overwhelmed. Don’t be afraid to set your to-do list aside for 15 minutes, embrace the quiet and enjoy a little self-pampering while your mind wanders.
2. Get your blood flowing. Exercise may seem like the last thing you have time for when schedules get hectic, but it can often be the most important thing for both mind and body (oh, and your skin). Don’t worry—it doesn’t have to be a long and strenuous sweat session. Even just a brisk 30-minute walk can do wonders.
3. Put the phone down. And the tablet. And the computer. Before you start worrying about everything you might miss by putting that technology aside for a few hours, think about what you’ll gain—you’ll be better able to enjoy your time with friends and family without the distraction of a buzzing cell phone. Oh, and that flood of emails you keep receiving? Commit to ignoring those for a day (or even just an hour), and watch the stress subside.
4. Ignore the guilt. Listen, the holidays are meant to be a time for celebration and relaxation. Don’t feel guilty about saying “no” when you think you might be biting off more than you can chew, or when your schedule just becomes too much.
5. Stop and smile. This tip should be the easiest of them all, but when you’re going a million miles an hour trying to get everything done, it can also be the easiest one to forget. A little bit of laughter goes a long way—it’s a perfect solution to help cope with the stress of the season, so take advantage of your time with friends and loved ones to enjoy a laugh or two over old memories.
Of course, there’s no guarantee that stress won’t manage to find its way into your festivities at some point; set your skin up for a radiant-looking holiday season with a skincare routine formulated to address the appearance of those imminent fine lines and wrinkles.
A Skincare Regimen to Combat the Appearance of Wrinkles
Figuring out the right skincare regimen can feel like a daunting task, but—when it comes to the fight against some of the most visible signs of aging—it’s crucial. Below is our suggested regimen for combatting fine lines and wrinkles:
- Cleanse skin with our Nutritive Cleanser.
- Apply a pearl-sized amount of Cold Plasma to face.
- Apply Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum directly to the eyelid up to the brow bone and along crows feet.
- In the morning, dispense 1-2 pumps of High Potency Face Firming Activator onto fingertips and apply all over face and neck.
- Moisturize with Photo Plasma in the morning, and Face Finishing Moisturizer in the evening.
It’s the season of giving, so why not give your skin and body the care it deserves?