Sure, fruit-filled crepes look delicious; crepey-looking skin, on the other hand, does not.
Crepey or waffley-looking skin is loose, wrinkled skin characterized by visible sagging similar to that of thin, pancake-like crepes. Let’s face it—it’s not pretty, but the good news is that there are ways to address its appearance.
Causes and Effects of Crepey-Looking Skin
There are a variety of factors that can contribute to crepey-looking skin, including:
- Decreased production of collagen and elastin
- Sun damage
- Environmental factors
- Rapid and extreme weight loss
- Dehydration in the skin
There are a number of undesirable effects of crepey-looking skin, which can be found on the face, around the eyes, and on the neck. These symptoms include:
- Sagging skin
- Deep lines and wrinkles
- Loose folds of skin
- Crinkly texture to the skin
- Lack of a radiance
But don’t worry, because there’s a solution in sight.
Solutions for Crepey-Looking Skin
Despite the fact that many of the causes of crepey-looking skin can’t be avoided, their visible effects can be remedied. Look for products that are formulated to help your skin regain its firm appearance and improve texture.
A few of our favorite picks include:
- Neuropeptide Facial Conformer, which helps re-hydrate your skin through the power of neuropeptides. It helps smooth out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while also addressing skin’s visible firmness.
- Eyelid Lift Serum addresses the appearance of around the eye area, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles and puffiness while visibly tightening and toning.
- Cold Plasma provides the nutrients your skin cells need and combats the most visible signs of aging, including fine lines, wrinkles, a loss of firmness, and elasticity.
And there you have it. While aging is inevitable, that doesn’t mean your skin’s appearance has to suffer—take action to address your biggest skin care concerns now to enjoy more youthful-looking skin for many more years to come.