This Mother’s Day, celebrate Mom with a delicious (and healthy) brunch she’s sure to love.
Smoked Salmon with Avocado Cream on Cucumber
Makes 16-18 rounds
2 oz. smoked salmon, thinly sliced
1/2 large English cucumber, sliced into 1/4-in slices
2 radishes, diced
Fresh chives, for garnish
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
Coarse salt, to taste
- Puree the avocado, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and salt to a smooth consistency.
- Divide and layer the avocado cream, smoked salmon, radishes, and chive on the cucumber slices.
- Serve immediately.
*Tip: To make the chive stay in place when garnishing, lightly dip a side in the avocado cream and it will stick.
Blackberry, Peach & Walnut Salad with Lime & Ginger Vinaigrette
LIME & GINGER VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS
2-3 limes, juice and zest from 1 lime
1/2 med shallot, finely chopped
1″ piece fresh ginger, grated
1/2 cup olive oil
2-3 tbsp amber agave or maple syrup
Course salt, to taste
Combine all ingredients and whisk together in small bowl.
*Note: These amounts are to make a batch of the vinaigrette, so you’ll have leftovers to enjoy.
1 pint blackberries
1 peach, sliced
1/4 small red onion, sliced
2-4 cups mixed spring greens
1/2 cup walnut bits, toasted with cinnamon
4 oz. log of fresh goat cheese, slice into medallions (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss lightly. Drizzle with vinaigrette dressing.
Simple Greens Frittata
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 leek, white and light green parts only, washed and trimmed
1 large bunch of organic kale, washed and trimmed
8 organic eggs
Juice of one lemon
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (optional)
- To wash leeks, remove green tops and trim end. Slice leek lengthwise and rinse through the layers thoroughly to remove any grit. Then slice into 1/4 inch thick half moons. Remove stems from kale, slice thinly and set aside. Cut kale leaves into one inch squares.
- Preheat broiler to high. In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp olive oil with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Heat a medium, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, leeks and kale stems. Sauté gently until leek is glossy and soft, about 3 minutes. Add kale leaves and sauté until they just begin to wilt, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. If using, stir in the grated Parmigiano Reggiano. When kale is wilted, add vegetable mixture to eggs, stir to combine and then return to skillet.
- Cook eggs until set through the bottom, about 5-7 minutes. Take off the heat and place under the broiler to finish; eggs should be completely set.
Strawberry Infused Vitamin Water
1 cup strawberries
2 cups watermelon, cubed
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
Dash of coarse salt
- Muddle the strawberries and rosemary in a bowl.
- Add the muddled ingredients and the watermelon to a large pitcher. Pour water over the ingredients and stir.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, and enjoy!