In addition to the anti-inflammatory diet, a complete spectrum of vitamins and minerals are recommended (B-complex, Vitamin E, Calcium-magnesium, DHA contained within Omega 3), which possess anti-oxidant properties, thereby acting as natural anti-inflammatories. These supplements are essential to an anti-aging regimen.
- High-quality protein, like that found in fish, shellfish, poultry and tofu.
- Low-glycemic carbohydrates including colorful fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains such as old-fashioned oatmeal, legumes such as beans and lentils.
- Healthy fats, such as those found in cold water fish (especially wild Alaskan salmon, halibut, sardines, herring, anchovies, etc.), nuts, seeds, and olive oil.
- 8 -10 glasses of pure spring water per day.
- Anti-oxidant rich beverages such as green tea.
- In addition to creating vibrant skin and optimum health through diet and supplements, topical anti-oxidants can work synergistically to enhance the natural health and beauty of your skin.
- Dr. Perricone's research has shown that many food-based nutrients provide anti-inflammatory as well as anti-oxidant activity when applied topically.
- Optimum results are achieved when they are used as part of the three-tiered program (diet, supplements, topicals).